Facing the widely known pandemic caused by the New Coronavirus COVID-19, as well as other illnesses which could affect the health of the members of our community, Word of Life Argentina as an institution created a Health Emergency Committee days ago to take charge of the measures related to the New Coronavirus COVID-19, following the recommendations and protocols of other health officials.
Based on the information provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Argentina, we determine:
- TO REINFORCE
recommendations to prevent respiratory infections:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water or use alcohol-based solutions for at least 40 to 60 seconds.
- Cover our nose and mouth with the internal fold of our elbow or use a disposable tissue upon sneezing or coughing. Dispose of used tissues in the nearest waste basket. Clean hands after sneezing or coughing.
- Ventilate rooms.
- Frequently disinfect surfaces and objects that are used regularly.
- Avoid direct contact (a distance less than 2 meters) with other people who have respiratory illnesses.
- TO SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION immediately when a patient presents fever (axillary temperature equal to or greater than 37,3 °C) and respiratory symptoms (coughing, sore throat or difficulty breathing). To not self-medicate or underestimate any clinical symptom. We will advise the established help line, 107 (SAME) to diminish the risk and organize health attention as needed.
- TO QUARRANTINE anyone who recently returned from or henceforth returns from an area of sustained transmission of New Coronavirus COVID-19 (China, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Europe and the United States). Such persons should remain in their home and avoid social contact for 14 days, even when they do not show any symptoms of illness.
Also, due to our social responsibility, we are working hand in hand in cooperation with local officials, including the mayor of our city of Monte and the Director of the local Health Department, to comply with and ensure the compliance of the protocols established by the World Health Organization, the Ministry of Health of the Argentine Republic and local authorities.
Word of Life Argentina is interested in promoting, protecting, and maintaining the health of our community and we desire to respond in a responsible way to the challenges posed by the pandemic of New Coronavirus COVID-19.
Therefore, besides the fore-mentioned recommendations, Word of Life Argentina has made the following difficult, but necessary decisions:
- To not allow the entrance to any property of Word of Life Argentina of foreigners or argentines who come from the areas of sustained transmission of the New Coronavirus COVID-19 (China, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Europe and the United States) from today forward. Nor will we allow the entrance of foreigners or argentines who have traveled to other low risk countries as of Monday, March 16, 2020. We will also restrict the entrance to our properties for visitors and any personnel who are not members of our foundation.
- To suspend the classes on our property of the Word of Life Bible Institute which were programmed to start at the beginning of April 2020. We will also suspend activities and events with mass attendance (Opening Conference 2020, Graduation 2020, Flanning into Flame Conference 2020) until otherwise notified.
- To implement the development of classes online, corresponding to the different study plans of the Word of Life Bible Institute, which will begin on April 14, 2020.
- To enable the following lines of communication: For widespread diffusion of information we will use the official Facebook page for Word of Life Argentina (Palabra de Vida Argentina). For personal inquiries and individualized questions, please send messages by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp messages at +54 9 2226 622261.
We recognize that there will be some questions that we will not be able to answer at this time due to the dynamic evolution of this pandemic, but we are committed to continue to work to respond to this situation in ways that will help the members of our community.
We hope for your comprehension and collaboration, trusting in God´s sovereignty, who reigns over the entire world and each of these circumstances. We pray to God for all who are being affected by this public health crises.
We greet you in the love of Christ,
Sergio F. Martínez
Director of Word of Life South America
“God is our refuge
A very present help in trouble..”
“Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!.”
Psalm 46:1 y 10